The Monroe County Childhood Conditions (MC3) Summit Planning Team hosted a gathering on 8/16 to learn more about priorities and pressing issues related to child & adolescent health. Thanks to everyone that came out and shared their ideas and perspectives!
Our goal is to pursue workshop and other offerings that align with participant feedback. We are accepting proposals through September 1st (apply here!) and are requesting your help in identifying facilitators/presenters who could speak to the following themes that emerged at the gathering:
- Safe people and safe spaces- and for adults to initiate & participate in challenging but necessary conversations
- Destigmatization of mental health conditions
- Support systems, role models, and a sense of community
- The need to be reflected and represented in popular culture, books, and at school
- Hope & a belief in one’s future
- Affirmed trust in institutions (i.e., there is reason to not trust schools, judicial system, and medical institutions)
- Access to healthy food, health care, health providers, economic security, stable housing, options, and power
- A shift from the individualistic, boot-strap culture toward the collective
- Multi-cultural competencies
- Dismantling of white supremacy
Registration for the event will open in mid-October; the Summit will be on Thursday, December 7th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-349-7397 with questions.
When: August 16 2017, 5:00- 7:00 p.m.
Location: Lower Cascades Park